10.27.2008

Decoy Music Loves Runaway Dorothy


RD_LRLogo-1
Originally uploaded by runaway dorothy

We are currently being featured on Decoy Music's website as a 'Band That Needs To Be Heard'. I got the nicest email last week from Chris who is the editor there. Here is a little from the email he sent.

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Chris Conlan and I'm the Editor for the music webzine DecoyMusic (www.decoymusic.com). I recently stumbled across you guys and I don't know how to describe it, but than to say "so good". I wanted to email you and let you know I will be including you in my upcoming Music That Needs to Be Heard article.

I want you to know to keep up the good work. You guys have honestly made my day/week/month/year that much better. I've been searching for awhile now to find a band that is able to capture my ear and you did it. It's insane to think your the reason that sparked my desire to renew my article; I haven't written one in over 10 months.


What a great email. It made my day. So if you get a chance stop by Decoymusic.com and read the article about us. It has some of the most generous compliments we have ever received. And post a comment for Chris and the staff to keep up their good work for searching out music that is a little off the beaten path.

In other news I am co-writing an Album with my friend Gen Owen. It's gonna be something quite spectacular. Stay tuned for some sneak previews. Also went to some CMJ events this weekend. Not too impressed, but one band from Detroit I saw last night was tops.

No comments: