4.29.2009

Love

So I had a thought about love today. I know this is really random, but as I was falling asleep last night I realized that I was approaching love in the wrong way. Here is my thought:

Love is like a small bird. We spend our time trying to capture it. It's fast. It moves. It won't stay still and we can't seem to catch it in our hands. Here lies a problem. If we are trying to catch it then we spend too much time with our hands closing and closed. We can't catch the love bird with our hands closed. In fact the way I see it the only way is to open your hands and allow it to land. This gives you twice as many places for it to go. A closing hand is only one place. Two open hands are two. Even I can understand that math. So what does this all mean? I don't know, but I think the general idea is that you have to be open and willing to let it come and go as it wants. Then and only then will it actually stay.

Maybe I am just crazy. Or maybe I haven't slept enough lately. Or maybe I am on to something.

2 comments:

staringstars@gmail said...

this is perfect. exactly the words i wnted to capture this morn...really appreciate the thought on the two hands open= more places for it to go, that is beautifull.
perfect love sets free.

One Wink at a Time said...

I think you are definitely on the right track. I found the love of my life precisely when I stopped searching for it. And even after it comes to you, it's good to hang on loosely.